Monday 2 January 2017

Bear Bag & Make Up

What do you make for a four year old girl for her birthday?  I struggled with this question for about 10 months before stumbling across the Lia Griffith site, specifically her DIY Bear Felt Bag.  It was perfect!





















The instructions were easy to follow, the result is gorgeous (if I do say so myself) and the birthday girls reaction was priceless.  She loved it.  I especially like the little pink cheeks and the stitching between the eyes (which was probably my only struggle, how to get them even and placed exactly right).

I decided the bag alone wasn't much, so I made a felt make up set as well.  I got the idea, again, from Pinterest which linked me to Gluesticks tutorial.  I used this tutorial as a guide and then adapted my make up set to look how I wanted.


For the 'mirror' I used a grey marl wool felt, the 'foundation' was a beige and then just picked out random colours for the 'eye shadow'.  The 'compact' closes (folds) while the 'brush' is stuffed which gives it a bit more stability and strength to withstand play.

All up, I was pretty pleased with how everything turned out and so was Miss E, although I may now need to make her younger sister a set to avoid arguments over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment